Thursday, March 16, 2017

Digital Dozen Does Art, Day 4


SO the idea for this one is a little obscure! Back when the Digital Dozen did Decades, I was fascinated by the hippie weird and unique floral fabric and wall paper patterns I came across from the 70's. I wanted to try again, and I even did one for one of my looks that month linked here. As I noted in my post, it's not that they are 'pretty'(...I may have used the word tacky), it's more that if you see a pattern from the 70's you know what you are looking at!

I chose to combine elements from two brown wallpaper images I found in a google search, and this is what I came up with! My base is a Sally Hansen Magnetic called Kinetic Copper, and the rest is a mix of dotting, freehand and stamping images.




I had a little trouble with smearing after my matte coat, but this turned out exactly how it was in my mind...and got removed immediately! I'm glad I came back to this style, it was fun.

Cheers all,


10 comments:

  1. This is so funky! I'm digging it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool! You did a great job, and yes, I definitely see 70s!

    ReplyDelete